The Ontario Education Collaborative Marketplace (OECM) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team. OECM is a not-for-profit Broader Public Sector (BPS) organization that leads strategic sourcing initiatives with Ontario’s publicly funded schools, colleges, and universities to support educational excellence across the province.
The Opportunity: Administrative Assistant
This is a critical support role that touches all areas of our business, and provides multiple opportunities for professional growth and development. The successful applicant will provide a wide range of administrative support to the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO; the OECM executive team and staff in Strategic Sourcing, Human Resources, Marketing/Communications, Finance and Administration; and the Board of Directors.
Administrative responsibilities for this role cover four key areas:
- General Office: You will help ensure that our business runs smoothly at all levels. This will include front desk responsibilities, document preparation and coordination, support for meetings, coordination of catering and hotels, and ongoing information management to ensure the ready availability of important business documentation. You will also provide backup for the Executive Assistant and other administrative staff.
- Special Events: You will ensure the success and smooth operations of important OECM events, such as workshops, training sessions, consultations and webinars. This will include everything from booking rooms and organizing participant lists and materials, to assisting with registration, monitoring attendance, and compiling evaluation information.
- Client Response and Information: You will independently respond to or escalate client enquiries to the appropriate party. You will also play a lead role in the ongoing management of the data contained in OECM’s client information database, and ensure that confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Human Resources: Your support will ensure the smooth operations of OECM’s recruitment, onboarding, and employee development initiatives. This will include activities such as posting jobs and coordinating interview times/locations, preparing new hire orientation materials, and coordinating requirements for staff training sessions.
Are You a Good Fit?
The ideal candidate for this role is a highly organized administrative professional able to balance a wide range of responsibilities, with the drive and can-do attitude to get the job done. To excel in this role, you must have exceptional administrative support skills, be able to work independently or with little supervision, and balance conflicting priorities from a number of internal stakeholders.
Other key skills include:
- Project Coordination: With prior experience in administrative roles, you understand how to effectively manage projects from start to finish within time and cost restrictions, and solve problems and issues as they arise.
- Interpersonal and Communications: You are a consummate professional with excellent communications skills, and the ability to remain calm and courteous even in stressful situations.
- Innovation: You have the insight to identify opportunities to improve our processes and internal efficiencies, and the confidence to propose your ideas to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Technical Skills: You have an excellent working ability with the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as various types of office equipment and client contact databases.
Interested in Learning More?
OECM is a small, flexible organization that adds real value to Ontario’s education sector. We respect our employees and their contributions across our business, and provide comprehensive support, development, and opportunities for career growth. How are we doing? In our most recent employee satisfaction survey, we received excellent ratings as a positive, ethical and fair place to work, where innovation and accountability are inspired at all levels.
Interested in learning how OECM can provide you with a step up in your career? Apply online today.